Tuesday, May 19, 2009

He doesn't need a scorecard...

I'm in an ugly situation.  I don't even know how to write how I feel.  How do you spell eww-bleghhh-ughhhhh?

I'm sad.  Really sad.  My heart hurts over the way I was treated today.  I needed advice.  I didn't want to call mom, she worries.

Satan began to fill my head with lies when I thought to call my friend.  "You haven't talked to her in a while and now you're going to call her crying?  She's going to be annoyed, she's probably busy out with the bus ministry, those people need her more than you anyway."

I called Geri Hejl
God:1  Satan: 0

She didn't go on the bus.  She wasn't feeling well and felt it would be okay to stay home tonight.
God: 2  Satan: 0

So I cried, I vented, I wept, I confessed I was terrified and worried.  I sighed and blew snot.  All the ugliness.  She listened.  She loved.  She gave me sound, biblical advice.  And she shared His holy word.  His promise of protection and comfort.
God: 3  Satan: 0

Matthew 10:28
"Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell."

"You are going with the Lord in this Margaret.  You are the majority." she said.

I found comfort in Psalm 56 as well,
"Be gracious to me O God, for man has trampled upon me;
Fighting all day long he oppresses me.
My foes have trampled upon me all day long.
For they are many who fight proudly against me.
When I am afraid,
I will put my trust in You.
In God, whose word I praise,
In God I have put my trust;
I shall not be afraid.
What can mere man do to me?
All day long they distort my words;
All their thoughts are against me for evil.
They attack, they lurk,
They watch my steps,
As they have waited to take my life."

God: ...Do we really need to keep score anymore?

My life is not at risk but what is going on is absolute injustice.  
We prayed for my situation.  Then the hardest prayer.  The prayer for my enemy who has created this ugliness.  That was tough.

I am going in with the Lord.  God is now here and He will be there tomorrow...



1 comment:

misssaralynn said...

my prayers are with you, Margaret