Wednesday, April 1, 2009

5:46pm

Yeah, it's 5:46pm on a Wednesday.  I'm sitting in my dining room waiting for my high school small group to come over.  They don't know it yet but we are going to put together doorhangers that have Easter invites for CVC.  After some packing, good food and prayer we're gonna hit the pavement in my hood and invite my neighbors to church. 

I recently found out that my plans for El Salvador have to be put on hold for the summer.  My manager (read: Corporate) wants Career Services to hang out for the summer.  That translates to "please don't take extended time off until about late July or August, perhaps even September."  At first I was really annoyed.  I mean really!  However God gave me peace almost immediately.  He let me know it's okay to stay local for the summer.  Pour into your high school girls.  Spend quality time with the family.  Minister here in Cleveland for a bit.  If I want you to go you'll go.  So I'm at peace...uhhhh yeah it's peace.  A little sad but peace.  So I'm here for the summer.  My girls are excited to hang at my house every other Wednesday night for small group time and I'm looking forward to it.

So it's 5:54pm time to turn up the Bluegrass that's playing in the background and pop some popcorn...hope I still have some rootbeer!

Side note:  As I'm walking to turn up that Bluegrass I realize a song by Emmylou Harris is being played, "I Love to Tell the Story."

"I love to tell the story,
the old, old story,
of Jesus and his love."

Ha! :)

No comments: